Human Resources DirectorPortland, Oregon
About Portland OIC
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
We believe all people have value, all people can grow, and all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
POIC + RAHS is looking for a visionary Human Resources (HR) Director to oversee and implement all aspects of HR practices and processes. The goal is to promote the organization’s values, including our commitment to recruiting, training and retaining the highest quality staff best-suited to serve our target population.
Position: Human Resources Director
Location: 9828 E. Burnside St., Suite 205, Portland, OR 97216
Benefits: Full benefits packet
Hours: General working hours are 9 AM-5 PM, Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends, as assigned
Reports to: President/CEO
Salary: Competitive – based on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop HR infrastructure for a fast-growing non-profit organization by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies, procedures, and systems.
- Establish a recruiting and interviewing program using a racial equity lens; counsel managers on candidate selection; conduct and analyze exit interviews to recommend changes.
- Ensure HR/ legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements, updating policies and procedures, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Provide assistance and counseling to the administrative leadership and/or managers on candidate selection, conducting interviews and analyzing exit interviews.
- Maximize staff effectiveness by developing a positive and professional culture through needs assessments, training, and coaching of an employee team that represents the same economic and social diversity found in our client population and community at large.
- Centralize performance management and improvement systems and assist directors, managers, and supervisors with employee performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Administer OFLA/FMLA and workers’ compensation claims.
- Collaborate with payroll and fiscal staff as needed.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefit updates, and/ or changes.
- Evaluate benefit package annually and make recommendations as needed.
- Track staff demographics, certifications, longevity, etc. to provide when needed for reporting and grant applications.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all employee records.
- A minimum of five years in HR role(s) and/or HR related experiences
- Familiarity with non-profit culture and organizational development
- Provide support systems related to diversity and classifying employees
- Hiring personnel at all levels
- Leadership role(s)
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Employee communication processes & systems
- Support systems for diversity & classifying employees
- Knowledge of employment law
- Experience with training and coaching
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and/or relevant experience.
- Professional certification(s) such as SCP from SHRM.
How to Apply
- Email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Reference "Human Resources Director" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- No phone calls please
POIC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.