Office Manager/ ReceptionistPortland, Oregon
About Portland OIC
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
We believe all people have value, all people can grow, and all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
Position: Office Manager/Receptionist - RAHS East Campus
Location: Rosemary Anderson High School East Campus – 2208 SE 182nd Avenue, Portland
Hours: General working hours are 7:30 AM-4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends, as assigned
Reports to: RAHS East Campus Principal
Salary: $13-15/hour, DOE
Benefits: Full benefits package
Position Summary: POIC+RAHS seeks a motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented team member. To thrive in this role, you'll need to love variety, work independently, communicate well and be super organized. We are looking for a professional and engaging individual who will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Experience in office administration is a plus. The right candidate will play an integral part in the future expansion of our organization. English and Spanish fluency are preferred.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Greet visitors, guests, potential new students
- Respond to questions via phone, email and general correspondence
- Set up systems and protocols as required (Filing, Supplies, Office Operations)
- Develop and maintain inventory of all office supplies of stationery, supplies, equipment
- Personal administration duties for Principal
- Develop new systems to ease coordination and communication
- Support agency-wide initiatives
- Manage database systems
- Registration/Enrollment support & data input
- Student records support
- Manage distribution of bus tickets
- Student attendance team (information systems management)
Additional Duties & Requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
- Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug, abuse and neglect and vehicle record as required
- Reliable transportation
- All POIC+RAHS staff are required to participate in ongoing professional development related to our
organizational expectations centered on personal growth, leadership, and accountability
Qualifications & Skills
- A passion for POIC+RAHS mission and serving culturally-diverse youth, young adults and their families
- Commitment to professional development
- Friendly and professional customer service; ability to navigate professional relationships in diverse
- Strong computer, communication, organization skills a must
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as needed
- Experience working in schools or similar organizations a plus
- Experience working with synergy a plus
- Spanish and English fluency preferred
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in office administration
How to Apply
- Email a cover letter and resume with three professional contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference "Office Manager - East " in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- NO PHONE CALLS, please
POIC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.