Teacher (all subjects)Portland, Oregon
About Portland OIC
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
We believe all people have value, all people can grow, and all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
Location: Rosemary Anderson High School has several school sites throughout the Portland Metro Area
Rosemary Anderson H.S. is seeking teachers in all subject areas. All teaching positions include classroom instruction, curriculum development and program growth activities.
Portland OIC is a multi-faceted agency that provides wide-ranging services meant to promote stronger attachments between disenfranchised youth, their families and the wider community. Portland OIC supports several school based programs for students in grades 9 -12: located throughout the Portland Metro area. All are accredited high schools serving more than 350 youth from Portland Public Schools and East County. All programs include paths to earning a high school diploma and/or a GED. We continue to mentor and support our graduates until they reach the age of stable maturity at age 25.
Bachelors degree in Education or related subjects
- Masters degree in teaching preferred
- Experience working with high school youth in a school or community based organization setting
- Highly Qualified teachers preferred
- Non-certified teachers may be considered with relevant and/or exceptional experience
- Computer proficient in word processing, email, web research
- Ability to organize time efficiently and effectively
- Ability to develop unique intervention strategies to engage and inspire students
- Ability to reach out to appropriate stakeholders to gain support
- Ability to reach out for support when working in stressful conditions
- Ability to work with collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Fluency and ability to communicate effectively in Spanish in addition to English is preferred
- Successful completion of background investigation (including fingerprints, criminal history and reference check)
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish shared expectations with students regarding behaviors, norms and habits in the classroom.
- Plan and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Work across all school sites to collaboratively develop a unique, engaging and rigorous curriculum.
- Develop and design program features which will inspire students to develop new understandings about the interconnectedness between subject areas.
- Future educational leadership opportunities available.
- Design and adapt curriculum to meet the diverse needs of our student population.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Develop auxiliary curriculum by working collaboratively with other teachers from across all school campuses
Communication & Collaboration
- Confer with parents, guardians, caring adults as well as school community stakeholders regarding student progress and aid in the planning specific interventions.
Student Support & Supervision
- In addition to teaching, each teacher plays the role of an advisor to a group of 15 students, helping to support individual student social and emotional growth and organizational skills.
- Foster a classroom environment conducive to learning.
Maintain Student Records
- Evaluate student academic & social progress.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct student records as required by laws.
- Monitor the progress of individual students using school database system (Synergy).
- Other duties as assigned by school principal.
- All POIC/RAHS staff is required to participate in ongoing professional development related to our organizational expectations centered on personal growth, leadership, and accountability.
Benefits: Full benefits package
Hours: General working hours are 8 AM-4:30 PM with occasional evenings and weekends as assigned (Parent Teacher Conferences, etc.)
Reports to: Principal
Salary: Competitive – based on experienced
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please put TEACHER in the subject line.
POIC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.