Street Level Gang Outreach WorkerPortland, Oregon
About Portland OIC
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
We believe all people have value, all people can grow, and all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
Street Level Gang Outreach workers build relationships with gang impacted youth and their families with specific goals in mind: to reduce clients’ bonds to gangs, to reduce gang-related conflict and violence, to support and assist youth and their families in accessing social and educational services, and to provide a positive adult example and mentoring to the gang members. The outreach worker is a mentor, life coach, positive role model, advocate, and mediator for gang-involved clients.
- Familiarity with the Portland Metro area.
- Knowledge of the gang culture in general.
- Able to work all required shifts. Typical shift is from 3pm - midnight, Tuesday - Saturday.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Able to exercise tact, discretion, and judgement in working with a variety of people , including but not limited to, youth, parents, law enforcement, and community based service providers .
- Must have ability to complete all required reports and documentation of services.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Equivalent of a high school diploma, or higher.
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing outreach services or lived experience.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Medical, dental, vision, retirement plan.
How to Apply
- Email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference "Gang Outreach Worker" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter and resume to ATTN: Gang Outreach, at 503.285.4415
POIC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.