Mentor CoordinatorPortland, Oregon
About Portland OIC
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
We believe all people have value, all people can grow, and all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, plus evening and weekends as required
Salary: $38 - $40 DOE plus full benefits
This position reports to the Director of Youth Services
In this position, you will ensure objectives and deliverables are met according to contract and grant
agreements, including but not limited to, providing match support services, and mentee engagement. You will work closely with each campus as a part of the the Youth Services Department to maintain open and clear communications to implement and track data collection, and to ensure grant reports and proposals are prepared on time and on budget. Regular case management and support of RAHS matches (mentee and mentors) to ensure longer and stronger relationships, provide mentor trainings, and match introductions along with support to pre-matched mentees. This position will be responsible for supporting a caseload of 40 - 50 young adults (20 high school seniors and 20 -30 mixed grade matches).
- Contact Mentors, Mentees Bi-Monthly
- Provide ongoing risk management and support to keep match going
- Conduct monthly mentor trainings
- Conduct Quarterly Match Surveys
- Coordinate monthly mentee and quarterly match activities
- Maintain match file
- Partner with Director on recruitment activities
- Collect, analyze, and report on data including but not limited to event attendance, and resources
services needed, program participation, demographics
- Monitor grant requirements to make sure all contracted goals are met
- Adhere to organization’s equity position
- Track and report data and statistics to director as requested
- Complete agency weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports
- Weigh in on strategic plans for the department that relates to the future of mentor programming
and community engagement
- Assist Director by ensuring budgetary compliance and by submitting any required documents or
reports on time and in completion
- Collaborate on execution of programs for department
- Other duties as assigned
- A passion for POIC + RAHS mission and serving at-risk youth and young adults
- Demonstrated progression in program and contract management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external
- Excellent organizational, time management, and reporting skills to manage multiple projects, set
priorities, collaborate with team members, and meet deadlines
- Experience in tracking program information
- Responsible and professional conduct that serves as role model to all participants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent plus 5 years demonstrated experience
- Minimum 3+ years program and case management experience
- Minimum 3+ years managing programs
- Prior grant reporting experience required
- Experience working with young adults and families
- Experience recruiting and maintaining program participants
- Experience working with communities of color, in particular African American women
How to Apply
- Email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Reference "Mentor Coordinator" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
POIC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.