Executive AssistantPortland, Oregon
About Portland OIC
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
We believe all people have value, all people can grow, and all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
Why join us?
Realize your vision: Use your experience to help shape Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center (POIC), a multi-faceted agency with roots in workforce development that provides wide-ranging services meant to promote stronger attachments between disenfranchised youth, their families, and the wider community.
Work with an amazing team: Be a part of a fast-growing organization. Join a talented staff dedicated to the mission of educating and supporting at-risk youth through the age of 25.
Impact your community: Be a part of an innovative and holistic program which houses a range of wrap-around services aimed at stabilizing families and strengthening the community, especially those of color, through education, crisis intervention, community monitoring, case management, and personal growth support.
Location: RAHS North Campus - 717 N. Killingsworth Ct. Portland, OR 97217
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Reports to: President/CEO
Benefits: Full benefits package including 100% employer paid insurance premiums.
The Executive Assistant provides a high level of support to the President/CEO of POIC + RAHS. Manages the day-to-day operations like organizing files and records, planning and scheduling appointments and meetings, and manages correspondence. Works closely with the Board of Directors by scheduling committee meetings, creating agendas and transcribing minutes. Maintains a professional environment in the reception area
- Manage and maintain President/CEO’s schedule, ensuring he is prepared and on time for daily meetings.
- Keep the President up-to-date on agency activities.
- Prepares and proofread all internal and external correspondence, and various other documents as required.
- Greet visitors and determine access to President/CEO.
- When the President is unavailable, the Executive Assistant will be the key communication contact and is required to create a written record of all conversations with specificity and follow up as needed.
- Monitor all assigned projects and manage timelines.
- Maintain inventory and purchase office supplies organization-wide.
- Competency with computers and office equipment is necessary and will be used on a daily basis. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Office 365.
- Coordinate executives travel arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating and planning of special events.
- Research information and assist with preparing and delivering presentations.
- Ensure operation of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Point of contact with the Board of Directors.
- Must follow instructions and give attention to details.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A passion for POIC+RAHS mission and serving at-risk youth and young adults
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years administrative at executive level
- Experience working with nonprofits and serving youth of color is desired
- Problem solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, database management, Mail Chimp, Adobe Design programs, WordPress, LinkedIn and relevant social media platforms
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and accountability
- Experience organizing celebrations and event planning
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to high ethical and professional standards
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, and weekends, and attend meetings as needed
Licensing & Certification Requirements
- Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug, abuse and neglect, reference, and vehicle record checks as required.
- Full benefits package, including 100% employer paid insurance premiums
- Salary - DOE
- Status - Exempt
How to Apply
- Email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference "Executive Assistant" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- No phone calls please
POIC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.