Development CoordinatorPortland, Oregon
About Portland OIC
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
We believe all people have value, all people can grow, and all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
The Development Coordinator is an experienced, self-motivated team player who will support the execution of a comprehensive fundraising and development plan including grant writing, donor events, database management, individual giving and more. The ideal
candidate is a detail-oriented professional looking to join a growing team and deepen their fundraising expertise.
Location: Rosemary Anderson High School / Office
Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, plus some evenings and weekends as required.
This position reports to the Development Director
- Manage the donor database. Input data, produce reports and ensure data integrity.
- Generate timely acknowledgment letters and other correspondence.
- Work in partnership with members of the Fiscal team to complete monthly reconciliations of all gifts entered into the donor and accounting database.
- Assist with scheduling and cultivation of major donors and prepare meeting and follow-up materials.
- Work with Development Director and contracted personnel to support the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate and government sources.
- Maintain grant calendar of deadlines, submissions and deliverables.
- Conduct prospect research on foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with Fiscal team and program departments to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Assists with logistics for fundraising and donor events including but not limited to annual Gala, 4K4Charity Run and Work Connections Breakfast.
- Assists with community engagement events such as Rock the Block and We Got Your Back.
- Oversee “Moves Management” to support the Development Director and others as prospective donors are cultivated, solicited, and then stewarded. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining and updating prospect lists, coordinating fundraising calls and other approaches, and assisting with developing and tracking strategies, and follow-up.
- BA strongly preferred (experience may be substituted)
- A passion for POIC+RAHS beliefs, core values and mission for serving at-risk youth and their families, predominantly communities of color, with an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and communities.
- Fearless, positive attitude!
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic, personal accountability and a high level of ability to establish and maintain effective communication and professional relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-directed, flexible, creative problem solver who strives for excellence and high achievement.
- Excellent organizational, time management, research and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects with accuracy and urgency to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, collaborative and compassionate. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Knowledge of major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, events and in-kind giving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and correspondence.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and accountability.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to high ethical and professional standards.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours, including days, evenings, and weekends, to attend meetings, conferences and events.
- Must successfully pass criminal background investigation and reference checks.
- Status - Exempt
- $40k - $45k DOE
- Full benefits package, including 100% employer-paid insurance premiums.
How to Apply
- Email a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference "Development Coordinator" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Position will remain open until filled.
POIC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.